There are a number of herbs that are commonly recommended as a natural cure for yeast infection because they work with none of the side effects that come from using various yeast infections medications that are available over the counter or by prescription. Chamomile is one such herb and is not only effective against yeast infection but also against many other diseases and conditions.
Also known as ground apple, matricaria, chamomile, anthemis, etc, it is the flowers of this herb that are commonly used as a natural treatment for many diseases and conditions. Even though many people sip chamomile tea every now and then, very few know of its many healing properties including but not limited to;
– It helps boost the immune system which is why sipping some chamomile tea can help when you have are suffering from a cold or flu.
– Chamomile can help relieve various digestive issues because it has a relaxing effect on the smooth muscle lining of the digestive tract.
– Chamomile has mild tranquilizing properties which is why it is usually recommended as a natural remedy for anxiety and stress.
– It can also help with depression because it contains mild mood elevating properties.
– This herb may help prevent stomach ulcers.
– Arthritis may be helped by chamomile.
– Various women’s gynecological issues such as menstrual cramps, menstruation stimulation, etc, can benefit from using this herb.
– And so on and so forth
Its effects on the immune system is what led many researchers to discover the infection fighting properties of chamomile. It boosts the immune system by stimulating its infection fighting while blood cells.
It is commonly recommended as a natural cure for yeast infection because some research studies found that this herb is able to kill candida albicans which is the fungus at the root of most yeast infections.
Besides being used to fight yeast infections, it is also effective against other infections caused by various bacteria, fungi and viruses.
– You can make a fresh apple flavored infusion using between 2 to 3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers added to a cup of boiling water and steeped for up to 20 minutes. Strain and drink up to 3 cups per day.
– You can also use a chamomile tincture (alcohol extraction) by taking up to one teaspoon up to 3 times a day.
– If you are using various chamomile preparations you have bought, simply follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on usage.
– Another way to use chamomile as a natural cure for yeast infection is to make a very strong infusion, soak a clean cloth in this infusion or tampon and apply to any areas of the body that need special attention.
While chamomile is generally safe as a natural cure for yeast infection, there may be people who are allergic to this herb who should avoid using this herb. In addition, do not take if you are pregnant or nursing without talking to your doctor first.
Children under two can be given a very weak chamomile infusion. For older children as well as the elderly, start with a low strength infusion and increase strength if tolerated.
These are just a few tips on why chamomile is commonly recommended as a natural cure for yeast infection. It has so many health benefits besides being able to fight yeast infections so drink up!
Besides using chamomile as a natural cure for yeast infection, there are many natural remedies that can help fight yeast infection and prevent their recurrence.